When you visit Walt Disney World you are bound to experience some liquid sunshine. Rain is just part of the Florida climate. When it starts raining you may see a lot of guests head out of the parks which means there will be some reduced wait times for those who wish to brave getting a little wet. Some rides do close during the rain especially if lightening is in the area. Let’s check out my favorite rides to enjoy when the rain starts!
- Soarin. How can you not love this ride. Totally indoors, in the dry and air conditioned Land Pavilion in Epcot. This ride handles all weather very well!
- Pirates of the Caribbean. This ride is housed totally under cover and it loads pretty quickly which makes it a nice option as a filler if you get hit with a brief rain storm. Proximity to many rides that will close during a storm also makes it a good bet.
- Star Tours will take you to a galaxy far far away from rain in Hollywood Studios any day of the week!
- Carousel of Progress. This ride is a nice lengthy indoor spin through the history of progress. If you happen to be in Tomorrowland or nearby when the skys open up, this is a great way to pass the time as you learn about time passing!
- Probably one of my favorite indoor attractions that doesn’t usually have any wait is Mickey’s Philharmagic. A fun show that will keep you laughing and dry both in the waiting area and in the theater.